Friday, January 27, 2012

A Food Favorite

I hate it when I buy a healthy product and then it ends up tasting funny or we just don't like it. So I thought every once in a while I would share a favorite product or food. These cold winter days we are having makes me think often of soup, which is the first food fav I thought I would share with you:


Who didn't grow up eating the classic tomato soup out of a can? I was so disappointed to read the ingredient listings on several varieties of soup brands and find that HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) is a main ingredient! What is so bad about HFCS? Stay tuned next week for a post just on this subject! Also, there have been several articles out recently about BPA lining in cans and how acidic foods like tomatoes tend to leach out higher amounts of BPA. This is something I have been wanting to read and learn more about so there will probably be a post on this issue too at some point! 



I love this soup for several reasons:
~ It tastes delicious and even my anti-vegetable child slurps it up
~ Organic ingredients and contains no HFCS
~ Kroger often has it on sale (2/$6 this week) AND you can frequently find coupons for it
~ It is quick and easy because you just pour it from the carton to heat and eat
~ Because it is in a carton, you don't have to worry about BPA as in canned soups

This made for a great quick and light meal last Sunday evening before church. Paired with a whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich, this is the perfect winter meal. 

Clearly, one of my skills is not photographing food. It tasted better than it looks in this picture. Anyway, you get the idea :-)


If you go to Imagine's website there is a $1 off coupon you can print off.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That's really a good point about BPA in canned tomatoes. I also found tomatoe sauce and diced tomatoes in a paper container :) It can be used to start the tomatoe sauce for any Italian dish. I found it in the organic section in Kroger

    ReplyDelete